Library of Anglo-Catholic Theology
The Works of the Right Reverend Father in God, John Cosin, Lord Bishop of Durham. Now First Collected.Contents
Volume the Fourth: Miscellaneous Works
Oxford: John Henry Parker.
1. Historia Transubstantionis Papalis
2. Luke de Beaulieus translation of the History of Transubstantiation.
3. On the validity of the ordination of Priests in the Church of England.
a. Letter to Dr. Morley
b. Form of ordaining Priests in the Church of England
c. Form in the Roman Church
d. Occasion of the controversy
e. First letter to prior Robinson
f. Second Letter
g. Second Letter, as re-written, and sent to the Prior upon receipt of his reply to the first letter
h. View of F. P.s Answer to the first paper
4. Letters about communicating in one kind.
a. Letter from a Roman Catholic to a lady of the English Communion
b. Cosins Answer to this letter
5. Letter to the Countess of Peterborough concerning agreements and differences in the chief points of religion betwixt the Church of Rome and the Church of England
6. The State of us who adhere to the Church of England
7. Regni Angliae Religio Catholic, &c.
8. Paper touching the Supremacy, and Head of the Church
9. Papers concerning the collation of Bishops.
a. Letter from Hyde to Cosin
b. Cosins reply to Hyde
c. Form of Collation
10. Articles and Injunctions.
a. Articles of Inquiry exhibited to the ninth Prebendary
b. Injunctiones et Monita, &c.
11. Queries to the Clergy of the Diocese of Durham
12. Letters to Dr. Watson.
a. First Letter
b. Second Letter
13. Answer to Fuller
a. Fullers charge
b. Cosins answer
14. Letter to Mr. Cordel
15. Correspondence with Gunning.
a. Letter from Gunning to Cosin
b. Cosins first Letter to Gunning
c. second Letter
d. third Letter
e. fourth Letter
16. Letter to Dr. Collins
17. Letter to Mr. Wood
18. Letter to Hyde
19. Account of Conference with the Archbishop of Trapezond
20. Account of Conference between Spalato and Overall
21. Letter to Bishop Morton
22. Memorial against the Council of Lateran
23. Letter to Blondel
24. Letter to Casaubon
25. Letter to Grotius
26. Argument on Dissolution of Marriage
27. Prayer to be used during the Plague
28. Visitation Articles, A.D. 1662
29. Confession of Faith, in Latin
30. Basires translation of the same
return to Project Canterbury